Citi's Global Custody
Citi Transaction Services is the trusted custodian of over U.S. $12.8 trillion in assets, resulting from our full range of world-class domestic and global custody services.
Our industry-leading proprietary network gives us in-depth local market knowledge and expertise, while our regional service centers and advanced processing technologies allow us to deliver excellence in quality and execution, as well as tailored services, to our clients. This award-winning combination is why financial institutions and corporations around the world turn to Citi.
The power of the Citi networkStaffed with our own Citi experts, the proprietary Citi network spans 50 markets worldwide. Our clients therefore benefit from services that other custodians, simply cannot match.
These benefits include:
- Superior quality through consistency in our technology, operations and customer service across markets
- More favorable cutoff times
- One of the highest straight-through processing (STP) rates in the industry, averaging more than 95%
- Faster problem resolution
- Local market knowledge and market advocacy on behalf of our clients, to help lead market and industry progress
The power to meet your needsWe can blend traditional global custody services with domestic direct custody access to markets, to meet your comprehensive and most complex custodial needs, including:
- Safekeeping and settlement
Our high STP rates ensure that your trades settle with a minimum of manual intervention
- Income processing and corporate actions
We provide information to help you manage your cash assets effectively and maximize your investment returns
- Recordkeeping and reporting
Our reports give you critical information on your securities and cash positions, along with transaction status
- Direct electronic interface
We have direct interfaces into central depository systems and through CitiDirect® for Securities, our Web-based platform for custody and clearing clients
- Technological sophistication
We deliver an advanced IT infrastructure, processing technologies and rigorous operational controls
Additional services are part of our “core” global custody offering, along with a suite of value-added services.
Additional core servicesOur core global custody services also include:
- Tax reclaims
- Proxy voting
- FX (treasury), cash and liquidity management
- Key performance indicators
- Management information statistics
- Timely market news, through our Market Information publications
- Investment Analytics and Reporting
- Transfer Agency: A fully automated, Internet-based shareholder service to provide comprehensive and accurate investor reporting and transaction processing
- Fund Accounting
- Fiduciary and Trustee services
- Compliance monitoring: An independent check of clients’ funds' compliance with market regulations and investment guidelines
- Performance measurement: To monitor funds’ performance against benchmarks and provide insights regarding that performance
- Mutual Fund order execution
- Middle office outsourcing
- Collateral monitoring
- Commission recapture: Institutional brokerage discount
One provider, a multitude of choicesWhen you choose Citi's Global Custody, the combination of our market network, infrastructure strength and range of products enables us to create a program to meet your needs. We provide a flexible and cost-effective solution for administering, reporting and analyzing your global investments—a solution that enables you to effectively meet your investment strategies.
For more information, contact us.